AODA | Grimsby KIA
Accessible Customer Service Policy
Our staff will ensure that the principles of the Accessibility Standard are adhered at all times:
- Dignity: We will provide services in a manner that maintains self-respect to our customers at all times
- Independence: We will allow persons to do things on their own
- Integration: Persons with disabilities will benefit from the same services as others
- Equal Opportunity: All persons shall be treated in an equal manner
This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be placed at or near the disrupted service or facility.
All individuals in our organization will be trained, with particular focus on staff who interact with customers on a daily basis.
This training will be provided during orientation at time of hire and will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Grimsby KIA's plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Grimsby KIA.'s goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our Accessible Customer Service Policy.
All feedback will be directed to the relevant Manager. In most circumstances a response will be provided within 14 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures.